Buckley/Swartz is a Boston-based medical and healthcare communications firm providing writing and editing services to authors of books and articles, professional societies, journal publishers, university and independent publishing houses, pharmaceutical companies, nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and clients in academic medicine.
Writing and Editing Services
Buckley/Swartz specializes in the delivery of publication-ready manuscripts that typically involve some combination of research, writing, editing, and proofreading services. These include:
Conference and symposium coverage and reporting
Development of book proposals and manuscripts
Original research articles
Manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
Current and Recently Completed Projects
Editing, Obesity Epidemiology (Oxford University Press, 2008), by Frank B. Hu, M.D., Ph.D. Professor of Nutrition and Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health; Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Brigham and Women's Hospital; Channing Laboratory.
Research, interviewing, writing, and editing, What to do about High Cholesterol, A Harvard Medical School Special Health Report (Harvard Health Publications, 2009).
Research, writing and editing, The Lehman Series: Updated Evidence-based Recommendations for Best Practices in Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity, May 2009).
- Research, writing and editing, From Harvard Medical School, The 9 Medical Advances That Can Change Your Life (Harvard Health Publications, 2008).
- The Obesity Epidemic and Metabolic Syndrome (Medscape CME)
- Writing and editing, "Commentary, The Low-Fat Imperative" (Obesity, 2008) by George L. Blackburn, M.D., Ph.D., S. Daniel Abraham Associate Professor of Nutrition, Associate Director, Division of Nutrition, Harvard Medical School; Center for the Study of Nutrition Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center; author of Break Through Your Set Point: How to Finally Lose the Weight You Want and Keep It Off (Collins, 2008).
- Research and writing, Fat in America, a nonfiction book on severe obesity.
- Writing, research, and editing for the Expert Panel on Obstetrics (2010), Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Department of Public Health, Betsy Lehman Center for Patient Safety and Medical Error Reduction.
- Development of NCLEX-examination questions for a nursing textbook.
- Writing and editing of clinical trial patient recruitment materials for Matthews Media Group (Omnicom and Ketchum).
- Research, writing,editing, and proofing of blogs and grant proposals for CE and CME programming for the Discovery Channel.
The Lehman Series: Updated Evidence-based Recommendations for Best Practices in Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity, May 2009)
The Lehman Series: Evidence-based Recommendations for Best Practices in Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Research, 2007), Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Betsy Lehman Center for Patient Safety and Medical Error Reduction,
Development and validation of the nutrient-rich food index: a tool to measure the nutritional quality of foods (J Nutr, 2009) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19549759?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum
Launch party for the international literary journal, Versal 7, May 15, 2009, Amsterdam, The Netherlands http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2294611&op=1&o=all&view=all&subj=18475104832&aid=-1&oid=18475104832&id=549161282
AHRQ – National Guideline Clearinghouse – Expert Panel on Weight Loss Surgery
Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Betsy Lehman Center for Patient Safety and Medical Error Reduction, Expert Panel on Obstetrics
Obesity Epidemiology, Frank B. Hu, M.D., Ph.D., Oxford University Press, 2008
Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) www.harvard.edu
Institute of Medicine (IOM), National Academies of Science (Washington, DC) www.iom.edu
Harvard School of Public Health (Boston, MA) www.hsph.harvard.edu
Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA) www.hms.harvard.edu
AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) www.astrazeneca.com
Vox Medica (New York, NY) www.voxmedica.com
Dairy Management, Inc. (Rosemont, IL) www.dairyinfo.com
Council of State Governments (Lexington, KY) www.csg.org
Porter Novelli (New York, NY) www.porternovelli.com
National Black Caucus of State Legislators (Washington, DC) www.nbcsl.com
National Hispanic Caucus of State Legislators (Washington, DC) www.nhcsl.com
Betsy Lehman Center for Patient Safety (Boston, MA)
Massachusetts Department of Public Health (Boston, MA) www.mass.gov/dph/
Innovix/Quintiles Transnational (Durham, NC)
Caudex Medical Ltd/McCann Erickson (New York)
BBK Worldwide (Newton, MA)
McCann-Erickson Worldwide (New York, NY) www.mccann.com
Harvard Health Publications (Boston, MA)
Lance Armstrong Foundation (Austin, TX) www.livestrong.org
nSight (Burlington, MA) www.nsightworks.com
Matthews Media Group (Rockville, MD) www.mmgct.com/mmg
American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine (Rochester, MN) www.aanem.org
The Discovery Channel (Bethesda, MD) www.discovery.com
Edanz Group Ltd. (Beijing, China) http://edanzediting.com
Intellectual Ventures (Bellevue, WA) http://www.intellectualventures.com/Home.aspx
MD Conference Express - The Goodwin Group International (Arlington, MA) www.mdconferencexpress.com
Ascend Integrated Media (Overland Park, Kansas) www.ascendintegratedmedia.com
Robotics Trends http://www.roboticstrends.com/